Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Carbon Serrurier truss Royce 10" f4 Newtonian more testing.

RAC

Its been a long time but I've had so many hurdles making this scope(but it has been fun) and the largest one has been trying to persist with the Baader MPCC mk3 coma corrector. The last time i posted an image here it was looking good but that was only because i was using a very small 50mm secondary as i was waiting for a larger Antares one to turn up. The problem with that test is it stopped the scope down making life easy for the corrector.

If you have an f4 newtonian and want good stars then get a good corrector like a Paracorr or a Wynne. I didn't have the money for the Wynne system so i went with the paracorr. The only thing with the Paracorr is it makes the system f4.6.

This is only one hour with only 5min subs.

Atik 383L mono camera
Baader 1.25" HA filter
Stacked with DSS, processed in PixInsight
Carbon Serrurier truss Royce 10" f4 Newtonian @ f4.6
Televue paracorr type 2
Celestron CGE mount.

Full size here

14218068272_5fc1314da4_b.jpg

Cen nebula ha IC2944 by Raymond Collecutt, on Flickr

Here's a before and after between the MPCC and the Paracorr. Remember at f5 the MPCC will look alot better also It's not the coma correcting of it I'm bagging, its what it does to the stars and resolution.

14033952529_da3c71a20e_b.jpg

Corrector test by Raymond Collecutt, on Flickr

Time to start imaging i think!!!!!!!!

Archived