NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good daytime planet viewing.

proflight2000

To be honest, no..... venus looks the same be it day or night and Mercury is so tiny and shrouded by light that it just shows as a dot in the distance, but I have waited ages to glimpse Mercury, one of those where she is following the sun rather than in front where i never get the sky to see it.

Nice one, I do enjoy a bit of daytime viewing. Have not tried with Venus or Mercury, but viewing the moon in daylight is fun, and not long ago I picked Jupiter up (with the help of goto) at 2pm and followed it all the way until nightfall. Surprising what detail you can see, and nice to watch the contrast increase even when it still seems to be broad daylight.

Venus may well be better in daylight, I've never really found it to be a rewarding target at night as it shimmers away low down in the murk usually!

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived