Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 17/05 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! I guess you are using 4x barlow to get to F20. Are you using a barlow? I have the 200p and the same camera (colour only version) and managed an image close yours from last Saturday, I used a 3x barlow and so was only F15. I'm wondering whether to get a nice new powemate to get to F20 or F25. Just concerned it's too much..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice image Jake with good detailing in the rings as well as in the cloud tops - excellent!

Thanks Richard - hopefully not the last go this year, though the weather is not helping at the moment :(

Very nice! I guess you are using 4x barlow to get to F20. Are you using a barlow? I have the 200p and the same camera (colour only version) and managed an image close yours from last Saturday, I used a 3x barlow and so was only F15. I'm wondering whether to get a nice new powemate to get to F20 or F25. Just concerned it's too much..

Andy,

I'm using my filter wheel, the Baader x2.25 zoom barlow + some 120mm of extension on this to get the 4000mm focal length.   Even then the QHY camera is just inserted enough to grip.    I had to get a low profile M57-2" adaptor to replace the standard SW extension tube to allow sufficient space for the filter wheel, though with colour you won't need this and should be fine.  

I was using a Revelation x5 ED barlow, which dependent on how far the camera was inserted, gave me x3.7-x5.   However, this barlow was giving some very odd reflections/aberrations so it's been retired until I can source a x4 Powermate.

Thanks snakeyJ, that's great info, I should try extensions tubes next time. I'm also considering the powermate 4x as I have seen from other members it's rather good with a 200p. Pricey but worth it I hear. Might sell a few bits first. Heh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived