NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY5,Vista,Maxim DL

Has anybody had problems in Microsoft vista using PHD Guiding with QHY5 Camera?

For the last 2 nights i cant seem to get more than 1/2 stars in PHD Guiding using this camera

and that's if I'm lucky.i have tried different objects but same

results.I tried Maxim dl after an exposure when i try to calibrate i get big black line

going straight through the image.

Hi George I cant understand it i have got the camera 2 work under vista, but for some

strange reason it only picks up a couple of stars or sometimes none, my friend was imaging M81 using

Meade DSI camera same with PHD he had more than 10 stars on screen.i tried M81 but couldn't get a single star.

but point it to a bright star like Polaris it picks it up.i don't know if its vista or the camera.but i know it worked with maxim dl

under winxp. I did Email you the drivers yesterday morning, check your email then get back in touch.

Hi Waq

If i remember correctly , when you first got your QHY5 you thought you would have a play, guiding with maximDL.

Also your old computer was running XP. You had no trouble picking up guide stars at that time.

So your problem definately aint the camera . Its either:

PHD+Vista

PHD+QHY5 vista drivers

Or Vista. Basically anything that has the word Vista in it.

I know your new lappy can probably only fully work with vista installed , but with the amount of issues you've had with your astro utils since using vista i have an elegant solution. Kill off Vista. Cos to be honest , all you are doing is getting more and more fed up.

Now i have seen vista running , i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole .Yeah it looks pretty , but how can you see it if you are smashing your head against the monitor trying to get it to work.

Just my opinion.

Dippus

I will agree with Dippus,

I have make my new laptop special order with windows XP Pro instead of Vista.

Pluto I haven't received any e-mail from you. Your e-mail might have bounce if it was big.

I have send you a personal message with another e-mail address that will work.

George

Sorry Guys Email Problems. Don't bother with sky broadband its a pain in neck.

here are the files.

1:GENERIC%20QHY5%20driver http://ukastronomers.com/plPluto/action/download_files/fileid/27

2:QHY5 Setup.exe http://ukastronomers.com/plPluto/action/download_files/fileid/28

3:Maxim DL Plugins http://ukastronomers.com/plPluto/action/download_files/fileid/29

Thanks for the drivers Pluto.

I have check them and they are exactly the same as mine.

I have stop trying to work with Maxim and I am using PHD at the moment.

M82 is on target. 60 exposures of 60sec only for Luminance :hello1:.

It will be fun.

George

Archived