Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sat 17the may....solar

I know I didn't think it would hit me so soon. I love the views through my 35mm but I would really like a bit more surface detail. Perhaps I'm being just greedy too. This solar observing has really got me,more so than night observing.

The other day I was considering selling my other gear to fund a bigger solar,that's how bad it is.

I know the feeling. I would personally wait for reviews of the Daystar Quark before committing myself to any big investment.

I got a B1200 blocking filter second hand for the same price as a new B600, and that already provides better views due to a much larger sweet spot. A B600 should be sufficient for the LS35, but the B1200 will allow me to use it with an LS60PT (which you can buy without blocking filter). I kept the B400, which I can sell with the LS35 in case I do buy the LS60PT.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked at the video on how too use this quark,and it looks messy what with having to plug it in too heat up too move the band. I would need that and also a refractor and tripod. Personally I love the compactness of these Lunts. I know it's more money but that's just my view. Maybe the new 50 could be better,who knows. But what I DO KNOW is I will be upgrading :-)

Archived