Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Nexstar Evolution load capacity

Hi all,

Well, still looking around for my future proof entry investment and, to be honest, I´m enjoying so much "dreaming" within all these sites/stores/reviews/forums that I fear I actually never come to a decision. I´m experiencing a 2nd or even 3rd teenage fever that feeds me with joy, indeed. Sorry to share this :)     (actually I have an LXD55 that I rarely used and planning to do some servicing on it, with an SW 200/1000, but I want also "modern" equipment)

In the last months I´ve been from HEQ5 6" f/4 comma corrected for AF to Altair Sabre Alt Azimut witn a refractor and Hershel wedge for Sun observation, and Binos. And... what a travel, what a experience, mainly in Stargazers Lounge, here dear virtual friends, I learned astronomy as I never dreamed :) Thanks all.

And, meanwhile, there's a new model, the Celestron Nexstar Evolution, and in the last 2 weeks I´m trying to find out the load capacity of the 6" one (is the mount the same for the 3 models?). And the place to try my last bet, to me is certainly SGL :)

My idea is simple, with the single new fork mount I can in near future buy a refractor and an Hershel wedge (the reason is that I also like the Sun and I intend to promote some public activities) and be future proof to visual astronomy. I definitely convinced myself I need lo learn the sky, maps, etc before trying AF.

Sorry for the long post.

Regards,

Filipe

The celestron mount is a single arm fork mount which will only be suitable for short tube telescopes such as the SCT,s it is supplied with, using it with a refractor may not be possible. An equatorial mount would give you more flexibility in your choice of telescope.

Archived