Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My very first view of Saturn :) 14/05/14

Russko13

So I got my first light with my first scope the other night, an evostar 90mm achro with a dielectric 90 degree diagonal I changed from the 45 erect prism it came with. just have the stock 10mm and 25mm eyepieces at the moment, from strictly bino experience on the moon it was amazing to go that much deeper and I was very impressed :) ended up scanning about for nearly an hour and with work early I called it a night but tonight got to take it out and get a look at Saturn which was amazing, with the 10mm I could make out the Cassini division and with averted vision could

Make out some banding but not at all clearly, rather gutted I don't have a 5 or 6mm eyepiece yet :( could also see what I assume is Titan up and left of Saturn all in all I was very impressed and need to get out a bit earlier to catch Jupiter before it dissapeared behind my house! Got a look in at mars but wasn't expecting much due to lack of mag and was just a nice looking orange sphere

Sounds like your scope was doing well  :smiley:

I was viewing Saturn with my 12" scope not too far away from you but the seeing conditions were not too good so I could see little more detail than you have described. The cloud features on Saturn are far less distinct than those on Jupiter.

Archived