NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light on the day it arrived!

Wikiastro

Hi,

I'm just starting out with my first "serious" scope.  I ordered a Skywatcher 150p on and EQ-3 from FLO on Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday!  Excellent service, really impressed.

Anyway, unboxed and assembled and dying to try it out. Lo and behold, the sky was clear!  I took it outside and have managed to work out some basic equatorial mount stuff (my previous scope was a 76mm alt/az) and then I started to point it at stuff for an hour or so - it wasn't even properly dark.  Anyway, enjoyed some amazing views of the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars and decided to stick my phone up to the lens and grab some quick snaps.  I know they're not exactly up to the normal standard found on here, but I'm pretty pleased anyway.  I'm really looking forward to getting some deep sky and stars when I can stay up later.  Last night was a work night I'm afraid.  Roll on the holidays.

Wikiastro

post-35179-0-07737600-1400096397_thumb.j

post-35179-0-79966800-1400096407_thumb.j

Very nice scope. Ignore the accusations of witchcraft, that just jealousy. First light on the day it arrives does occur, and did occur with my C8 (OK, bought it on a crystal clear day, and picked it up myself, so that is cheating), my APM 80mm, and my Lunt 35. Just a matter of good karma :angel:;)

What do I need to do to get rid of the full moon though? :p

Move to Scotland

we get so much cloud you very rarely see the moon (tonight is a classic example)

though it does get in the way of imaging anything else :)

Archived