NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Roll Off Observatory advice please

Herrman

Hi,

I'm in the process of constructing a small run-off shed to house just mount and pier. For the roll off part of the job I'm thinking of using wheels attached to the shed base running in metal channels set in concrete. I guess this is a common approach, can anyone recommend suitable wheels and where they can be purchased? Also, can anyone suggest an alternative method of run-off?

Thanks for your help, Herrman

Knowing what I know now I too would go for gate rollers - ie male rails and female wheels. The U section rails I use tend to fill up with water or snow which turns to ice. It isn't a huge problem by why have a problem at all?

Olly

Hi Andy (Helen and Olly),

Very many thanks for the link to your Roof Roller System topic. The rollers you've used look very study- just the job. I've found them on the Brundle site, and I'm tempted to invest.

Olly: a good point about the U section rail, my only concern is that as I'm rolling the shed, not just the roof, and being a clumsy what-not, I'm likely to trip over a raised rail on a regular basis. Any thoughts on this anyone?

All the best, Herrman

Archived