NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Image Processing First Time

Pluto

Hi all just a quick question, how does anybody new to image processing learn with likes of

photoshop etc. Now i have spent a good few days with photoshop and I'm no better then when

i started, i don't except to be a guru over night but iv taken a few pictures from this site with step by step

instruction and 10Min's later the picture looks what it should look like.Which way is the best way to go about this

keep going the way that i am or search the net, buy some books etc etc.Any help would be use full before i tear my hair out.

Thankyou

I learnt by experimenting although there are some excellent snippets of information on the net if you 'Google' the questions the right way. Most image correction is carried out by adjusting the 'Levels', 'Curves' (with care!) and 'Saturation' (also with care). Is there a particular task that is proving irksome?

The thing to do, would be upload to Ukastronomers an image (before any adjustments) that you want help with - let everyone have a bash on the understanding that they list what they did.

That would give you a good understanding of what people do. You can then go off and duplicate it and have a play.

Ant

Idownloaded loads of pics and just did the trial and error thing,taking note of what seemed to work and hopefully the more familiar i am with it,it may become second nature knowing what to adjust,may be wishfull thinking on my part though. :D

Archived