NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with Starry Night

blinky

I have starry night 5 and until now I could go in to the labels menu and select Messier Objects. I now find that tonight I dont have this option????? Can anybody shed any light on why? I have searched the manual but still donthave a clue where they have gone!

Just had this issue over on UKAI... it is the Quicktime updates that have removed the Messier objects from the options list. You have to remove quicktime, reboot, and then install quicktime from the original installation CD

I have never once found system restore to be of any use! The CD I have only seems to have a setup on it, not a seperate install for Quicktime. I might have to completly remove it and reinstall the whole thing.

I hate quicktime, the number of things it has mucked up.....

Yep, it can be pretty invasive. I can't understand why a later version of QT would interfere with an installed programme to the extent of removing some of it's content. I would have thought that to be an illegal act.

Having read this the other day I discovered I had the same problem. I followed SteveL's advice ( cheers Steve), though found I had to do a complete re-installation of Pro 6.

Keeping my eyes open to further QT updates.

I have never once found system restore to be of any use! The CD I have only seems to have a setup on it, not a seperate install for Quicktime. I might have to completly remove it and reinstall the whole thing.

I hate quicktime, the number of things it has mucked up.....

Quite agree. Very surprised there's not been a "fix" from QT or Imaginova.

Karlo

Archived