NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milkyway rise through cloud

post-14748-0-58580200-1399309709.gif

Series of still frames brought together as a timelapse (20s on 20s off)

Shot on the morning of May 5th 2014.

I laid my Skytracker on its back with its PA pointing to the zenith and ran it at half speed to get movement in both foreground and starfields - clouds ruined it so will need to do this again on a clear night

Really like the contra pan between the stars and the terrestrial by using the half sidereal rate....

I made a switch box for the guide port on my mount but never got round to using it... you could get various effects by adjusting the autoguide speed in the handset...

Peter...

Time lapse is one thing I have not tried but plan to in the near future. Francis, I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit more on your methodology and equipment to get foreground movement and crisp stars. I have an iOptron Skyguider and was planning to use my Canon 60Da with a wide angle lens. BTW, I wholeheartedly like the effect of the clouds, the foreground movement, and the lighting. Well done!

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Archived