Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

'Busy' message in APT

Slim

I was out imaging M51 last night with my 1100D using APT. It's been a while since I used it and I don't remember it taking so long between exposures. I was taking 180s exposures with a 2s pause in between. However, in between the exposure and pause operations a busy message was displayed in the top left for at least two minutes each time. I don't remember the busy message showing for so long when I have used APT in the past. I've scoured the internet but can't find anything similar. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like you may have inadvertently left the "High ISO" or "Long Exposure" noise reduction set to On in the camera , this would make it automatically take its own dark frame after each exposure.

Check in the Menu under "Custom Functions".

Sounds like you may have inadvertently left the "High ISO" or "Long Exposure" noise reduction set to On in the camera , this would make it automatically take its own dark frame after each exposure.

Check in the Menu under "Custom Functions".

Thanks Steve. Will check that out when I get home.

Just to confirm it was the long exposure noise reduction that was on. Can't for the life of me remember turning it on. Spent Friday night it was something in APT I was missing, didn't even consider the camera. Thanks again.

Archived