NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

marry a baader hyperion to ZWO ASI 120MM??

lol. thanks Pete. i picked up the camera 10 days ago, and yet still yet to get a clear night to play with it. so I've just been staring at it pondering. i have a x2/x1.5 barlow (antares). so i'll give that a spring clean. 

cheers

yeah i picked up a LRGB meade filter set from a chap on the classifieds on here. Also picked up a x0.5 reducer (my scope is F11.3).

from what i can gather the operating system on the camera and processing can be a bit to get your head around,

so i'll probably concentrate on mono images to start with, maybe pick up a bantamov focus mask.

and get a filter wheel later.

Here's a pdf showing the way to attach a webcam-like device for Eyepiece Projection.

(Perhaps the most obvious design use of the thread on the top of Baader Hyperions!)

http://www.baader-planetarium.com/pdf/hyperion_foto_e.pdf (see diagram on left)

Basically, you "start the ball rolling" with an M43 to T2 ring adapter (part # 2958080).

Then add an appropriate set of T2 extensions and (at the end) an eyepiece clamp --

The standard eyepiece clamp (#2458120) is cheaper and adequate for tests.

Then use your standard camera 1.25" nosepiece in the clamp. This, the standard setup,

is probably easier (more flexible) than trying to directly attach a Camera to the eyepiece.

You then determine the T2 extension needed for the best image scale, experimentally! :)

(Perhaps best to think about how you might use filters etc., once you have a first image?) 

For EP projection (Anecdotally!) It is better, from the point of view aberrations, to use a

longer focal length Hyperion and a greater distance between the eyepiece and CCD.

Archived