Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Missing CG-4 counterweight shaft

Hi all,

I have an oldish CG-4 mount that is missing its counterweight shaft. Not used it in ages, and now the darn thing is getting its own back by being rather good at playing hide and seek. Anyone know where I can source a replacement? I have looked on SGL but the only similar thread I came across was 4 years old and with no definitive answer.

Thanks all!

Orley.

Hi Orley.  SGL sponsors sell that mount http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-mounts/celestron-omni-cg-4-mount.html maybe they could help ?

If you can't source a commercial replacement, perhaps a long bolt from a decent engineering suppliers could substitute.  

It's likely that the thread where it fits into the EQ head is metric, so a long bolt with that thread would be ok.  The counterweights would hopefully fit the bolt with a bit of DIY perhaps.

But if you are like me, you've probably put the original in a very safe place....... :smiley: .........and will come across it whilst looking for something else.......... :laugh:...........after you've spent ages and found a replacement........... :embarrassed:

Hope you sort it, Ed.

But if you are like me, you've probably put the original in a very safe place....... :smiley: .........and will come across it whilst looking for something else.......... :laugh:...........after you've spent ages and found a replacement........... :embarrassed:

Oooh, so so true...

Thanks all :)

Archived