NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Woo Hoo......I hope(?)

Hi all:

I have had problems focussing my 9.25 sct when imaging.  Just ordered a Crayford focusser and hoping that helps.  Have other members noticed improvement with this gear?

Thanks

Roger

Thank you...it is the 10-1.  I did read somewhere to 'lock' the focuser on the sct then use the Crayford, but there is no lock on my scope to lock the mirror.  Does this matter?

Cheers

Roger

Thank you...it is the 10-1.  I did read somewhere to 'lock' the focuser on the sct then use the Crayford, but there is no lock on my scope to lock the mirror.  Does this matter?

Cheers

Roger

Which SCT is it?

ChrisH

Cheers

Roger

The EdgeHD series have Mirror Lock. The regular SCT's indeed don't have it. But as Chris said, the SCT's from Celestron don't have that much of flop/shift really compared to some other brands. My 8inch SCT didn't had much when I had it years ago.

Replacing the Stock focusser with the 10:1 focusser is a very Nice Upgrade tho! It will make fine focussing much easier. I never got around doing it with mine at the time.

I personally don't like the idea of putting a Crayford focusser on the visual back. It adds a lot of extra weight on the back, making the scope back heavy.

Tho, when you use the SCT in a serious imaging rig and want motor focus. Then yes, there is no other way around it, then using a crayford focusser.

The EdgeHD series have Mirror Lock. The regular SCT's indeed don't have it. But as Chris said, the SCT's from Celestron don't have that much of flop/shift really compared to some other brands. My 8inch SCT didn't had much when I had it years ago.

Replacing the Stock focusser with the 10:1 focusser is a very Nice Upgrade tho! It will make fine focussing much easier. I never got around doing it with mine at the time.

I personally don't like the idea of putting a Crayford focusser on the visual back. It adds a lot of extra weight on the back, making the scope back heavy.

Tho, when you use the SCT in a serious imaging rig and want motor focus. Then yes, there is no other way around it, then using a crayford focusser.

Thank you....I guess I should rebalance the scope...with the crayford, powermate and camera train in then?

Cheers

Archived