Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VX Mount - Connected to Stellarium but not showing or slewing...

I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 laptop running Windows 8.1 64 bit and version 0.12.4 of Stellarium.  I've connected the HC of my Celestron VX mount  via a 'Plugable' USB Serial adapter (PL2303HX Rev D Chipset).  I've installed the latest 'Prolific' driver for the Serial Adapter (3.4.62.293).  I've setup the plugin within Stellarium and configured the telescope to use 'Celestron Nexstar (Compatible)' device mapping and the serial port is set to COM3 (which is connected when checked in the 'device manager'). 

Stellarium reports the telescope as 'Connected' - but I cannot see any 'target' or 'telescope label' - and if I select an object and ask Stellarium to 'slew the telescope' nothing happens.

I've tried just about everything including installing ASCOM 6.1 Platform and the latest Celestron drivers as well as the latest stable version of 'Cartes Du Ciel' and nothing seems to work.  I've even installed additional Windows Features via the control panel such as 'Legacy Components' and 'Print and Document Services' but to no avail.

I checked the 'Plugable' USB Serial Adapter prior to purchasing and its the recommended version by Celestron and has the chipset which is compatible with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and resolved it?

I'm really hoping I don't have to go down the route of installing Windows 7 as I would hate to have to do that only to find it doesn't work (and yes, I do have Virtual Box and Windows 7 installed but unfortunately, the graphics card is so limited on this laptop that Stellarium won't run in the VM).

Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Archived