Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HAS ANYONE DONE ANY STARGAZING IN MEXICO

robbie c

Going to Mexico on Monday and was just wondering if anybody who's been there done some stargazing while they were there.

I got to go out in the desert when I was in Egypt 2yrs ago which was great and would love to do it while we are in Mexico. So if anybody had the chance to go on a stargazing trip while they were there I'd love to hear about it and how you went about booking it. P.S we will be staying in Cancun   :smiley:  

I just say Mexico is not as safe as it use to be. The major tourist cities are still pretty safe but you don't have to get far out from those to be in really rough areas. To escape the LP of Cancun I would think you would need to drive pretty far. Not trying to scare you but I wouldn't be venturing to far out of the city, especially at night. If you are with a group or a location that is known as a dark site that welcomes astronomers then thats different. But I wouldn't just wonder down some random road and set up on the side like you do in the UK or USA.

I just say Mexico is not as safe as it use to be. The major tourist cities are still pretty safe but you don't have to get far out from those to be in really rough areas. To escape the LP of Cancun I would think you would need to drive pretty far. Not trying to scare you but I wouldn't be venturing to far out of the city, especially at night. If you are with a group or a location that is known as a dark site that welcomes astronomers then thats different. But I wouldn't just wonder down some random road and set up on the side like you do in the UK or USA.

Thanks for the advice nmoushon I'm with you on that one I wouldn't dream of going out alone that's why I was wondering if there are any astronomy tours 

Yes , I would agree with the co9mments mmoushon gave. Cancun is a highly populated tourist area, therefore the LP will be high. I have never been but based on my previous comment you would need to travel a good distance to escape the LP, If you do manage to travel a good distance i suspect that you will manage to escape the LP, as it is not as densely populated as the UK, by unit of area. What the security level is like when you do venture out, i will leave to others to advise.

Ian

Archived