Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

eyepieces, good quality

m37

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last place I saw the solid tube 300p was teleskop service in Germany but I doubt they still have any as this was above a year ago.the flextube 12" tubes are ace and hold good collimation too.I got most of the measures and a hundred galaxies with mine before moving to the 16".

The flextube 12" tubes are ace and hold good collimation too.I got most of the measures and a hundred galaxies with mine before moving to the 16".

I also find this to true with the 10 inch  which will be a bit more sensitive to collimation errors. There is often a fear about flextubes not holding collimation. I can't say from experience with mine there is anything to worry about, it holds it really well. The SW may not be quality scopes and optics like an OO scope, but with the OTA design I feel they hit the nail on the head with that design, It feels like a nice and solid OTA.  I like it anyway, and slides out in seconds and you are ready to go.  if you by an astrozap shroud you can leave it on the scope, though I use my own home grown shield I just wrap it around, only takes a few more seconds to do.

SW may not get everything right, mount is no best for smoothness, but the flexi construction is nice I feel. Sure a home brew and very costly scope  can be better, but I have no complaints. The cell is also seems to work fine in holding the mirror well.

Archived