Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW Quattro 8s, M64 " Black Eye " Galaxy RGB Data Only

lensman57

Hi,

I did this last night after having come back from a wedding reception, a bit worse for wear one might say. Any way I wasn't going to let a gloriously clear evening go to waste so I set up the recently collimated Quattro on HEQ5 and the 314L+ and the  filter wheel on. I also did some LUM but the data is not very good, the tracking was getting eratic, one sub has two satellite trails, one i sruined as next doors security lights came on at 3.30 am two are good bunot enough data there.

The RGB was 5 X 450s R, 6 X 450s G and 5 X 450s B, Astronomik Type iiC Filters and IDAS P2 which also served as LUM. I am glad that I made the effort as this is my first capture of the " Black Eye " galaxy. The Stacking and processing was in PI . I also found out that if I do not tick the Chromatic Noise Reduction in the LRGB combination tool then I do not end up with huge halos around the brighter stars, though there is a bit of Chroma noise evident. Hope that you like it.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-93042000-1398607974_thumb.p

Excellent image!

Many Thanks,

I have reprocessed the data in PI and a little fidding in  StarTools, it is just a little more " artistic " I believe if not entirely ethical. :shocked:

There is no chanc of collecting the Lum data tonight, the clouds are back again.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-29043900-1398626238_thumb.p

good effort doing all that after a night out, well worth it looking at the result :)

P.s. I think the second version is better, it looks smoother and pops out at you a bit more.

Chris

Thank you very much, I also think the second version is more presentable.

Regards,

A.G

Archived