Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt Ha Zoom Eyepiece

Pig

Well the Zoom turned up as promised :smiley:

And by the looks of the forecast tomorrow I should be able to write a nice review.

Fist impressions from a build point of view are promising, it is not at all big and heavy like other zooms.

Quite nice looking also and the colours definitely match the Lunt scopes :laugh:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

FWIW, I've now got one of these, and after a bit of use, I'm pretty pleased.

There's a bit of glare at low magnification - but to be honest, I think I'll only use that for finding the Sun. At middle to high, it was fine. Eye-relief isn't great - I couldn't recommend it for with glasses - but it isn't bad either, and it is much better than the eyepiece that came with the scope. I haven't used other zooms to compare it with, but basically, for it's role as the primary eyepiece in my Lunt 35, I think it'll do just fine.

Also, there was some lovely detail on the Sun over the weekend :) 

FWIW, I've now got one of these, and after a bit of use, I'm pretty pleased.

There's a bit of glare at low magnification - but to be honest, I think I'll only use that for finding the Sun. At middle to high, it was fine. Eye-relief isn't great - I couldn't recommend it for with glasses - but it isn't bad either, and it is much better than the eyepiece that came with the scope. I haven't used other zooms to compare it with, but basically, for it's role as the primary eyepiece in my Lunt 35, I think it'll do just fine.

Also, there was some lovely detail on the Sun over the weekend :)

That matches my brief experience with the Lunt Zoom. Some glare and internal reflection off a baffle, lens edge or field stop at low mag, pretty sharp elsewhere (compared to XW, XF, Nagler, and MaxVision EPs). Eye relief not suitable for me, however,so I sold it.

Archived