A quick question?

on mine no the sensor cleaner is disabled, I think it depends on the Mod done
I had some but a blower bulb sorted most of them out though I have one stubborn one that will need a manual clean
just need to go get a cleaning kit

There was an article in astronomy now recently about a kit with some tape and heel that cleans sensors safely. Of you don't have it I will dig it out for you. Alternatively invert the camera and lock the mirror up them blow up into it with a bulb blower. Stops the dust settling on the sensor again.

Be very weary of blowers, they have a tendency to throw small droplets of moisture out, remember you are purging air into it first and sucking in moisture from the air. I always use these things

Sensor Cleaning Starter Pack with Photographic Solutions Sensor Swabs and Eclipse Cleaner, http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-dslr-sensor-cleaning-kit-6-tested-1079985

they are made so that the cleaning pad is the same width as the area needing cleaning, in effect you put a drop of the fluid on the pad, then wipe once across the face of the sendor, then turn the pad over and wipe it the other way, the fluid basically drys instantly. All done with the mirror locked up etc.

Interesting question. By having your camera modded, it is just removing the IR filter?. I'm wondering how/if this would stop the sensor cleaning function of the camera from not operating.

Proflight2000 raises an interesting point about rocket blowers. For lenses etc they are fine and any moisture that may be expelled will be visible on the glass (never experienced it myself though). I cant say that i have ever used it on a sensor as i dont do imaging through a scope and the camera is almost always left with the stock 18-55mm lens on that it came with. I do have a 75-300mm zoom lens also but that really doesnt see the light of day or get used at night either.

Archived