Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can't focus in sharpcap

Hi, I am back again...when using my webcam in sharpcap I can focus o.k. When I put a 2x barlow I can't seem to focus at all. I remember reading somewhere on here about problems reaching focus due to the tube being the wrong length. Is there anything I can do to check this problem out,,,,Thanks in advance,,,,Geoff

Hello :smiley: , 

What webcam are you using? 

I have the same telescope as you and I can't imagine it not being able to focus with a 2x barlow. 

Are you seeing anything on the screen at all? A white circle getting bigger and smaller as you rack it in and out or nothing whatsoever?

Dan

if its the supplied SW 2x Barlow you should be able to focus it
I use my SW 2x with my ASI which is basically a jumped up webcam
only issue may be the webcams lens you could try moving the barlow in and out of the holder and see if you get close and work from there

Hello :smiley: , 

What webcam are you using? 

I have the same telescope as you and I can't imagine it not being able to focus with a 2x barlow. 

Are you seeing anything on the screen at all? A white circle getting bigger and smaller as you rack it in and out or nothing whatsoever?

Dan

if its the supplied SW 2x Barlow you should be able to focus it

I use my SW 2x with my ASI which is basically a jumped up webcam

only issue may be the webcams lens you could try moving the barlow in and out of the holder and see if you get close and work from there

It is an xbox web cam with the lens removed and the supplied 2x barlow. I really do think though that this sharpcap is not working properly. I dont get any circle that looks like it is coming into focus just white flashes on the screen. It hangs up continually and I am just wondering if my pc is good enough to run it or I need to reinstall it.

Archived