Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Auto Guider Options

As I am wanting to improve on my curretn setup (arent we all...) was contemplating getting an autoguider to assist in my imaging attempts.

From a quick look have seen two options, the Orion Magnificent Mini at £298.00 and the Orion Awesome Autoguider at £340.00

From alos looking at these, I have noticed that one of the scopes used in the packages looks remarkably similar to the spotter / finder scope that came with my OTA.  Not being at home at present cannot confirm what the eye end of the scope looks llike and waht connections it may have for CCD's.

What I was pondering is would I be able to use one of these to my current finder scope and then autoguide away?

You sure can! Thats what I have done and many other. The finder guiders is a very viable and cheap options. I easily get 15min subs with my setup listed in my sig.

Here is my finderguider. I did a bit of metal work by tapping screws into the back of it to make a solid attachment but therer are other ways to do it if you dont have a metal working shop. Just search finder guider in the DIY section and you'll find plenty of options.

Cheers all

Just ordered a QHY5-II Mono from MA.  Not ordered an adaptor as yet as may look at seeing if I can mount it myself with what I already have or fabricate something in work.

Next step is the software...........going to try Sequence Generator Pro for the 45 day trial and see how I get along wit that as willl be abel to run my mount, camera and also use the Autoguider with that too..here's hoping for some clear skies.

Archived