The Sun in white Light & moon filter - 13.04.14

Purplehayze104

Hi All

Loverly day yesterday so managed to get out for a bit, taken with the 150P with Solar Filter, & additional Moon Filter (still experimenting)

took 200 shots & ISO 100, Shutter 1/640 at prime focus with Nikon 3100, 100 shots with Moon Filter, 100 Shots with just Solar Filter

processed in PiPP, Stacked 41 (moon) & 52 (just Solar) images in Registax5, Fettled with in PS5 & Nikon VeiwNX2 for sharpening & tweeks

not sure if there much difference, & i've chosen different colours (Orangy one is taken with moon filter) (yellowy one is just solar filter) for seperation

any comments appreciated.

regards

john

post-31083-0-20359200-1397505695_thumb.j

post-31083-0-14261400-1397505739_thumb.j

thanks alexandra & JemC for the comments,

i prefer the top one out of the 2 aswel, processed them both the same & used same processing for each (except colour), do think the moon filter does help some in bringing out a little more detail :D (hoping to get the misses impressed enuff to let me get a PST haha!!)

clear skies all

john

Archived