Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon With Contrasting Blue Sky

Pig

One of the best views available is the Moon with the blue sky.

We are lucky enough to see this lovely event this evening in Northants, an amazing sight to say the least :smiley: For some reason the white craters look totally different against a blue background, I guess its the differing light refraction.

Well it looks as though we are in for another treat tonight. It would be great to hear if the rest of you are experiencing the same :smiley:

I had the same conditions last night and was viewing the moon through the bins,

and noticed a very bright reflection in the southwestern section of Oceanus Procellarum

it was as if there was light reflecting off of something can you or anyone else see it. ?

I can see it quite clearly, it is not your imagination :smiley:

Well spotted,  I would say it is crater 124 Hansteen or crater 114 Flamsteed and it does look much brighter than usual.

Maybe you should report it !

Great view of the moon tonight in North Tyneside set against a similar very clear blue sky. Mars also looks very red tonight here set off perfectly against the blue background.

I only view through binoculars but the contrast of the bright white moon against the deep blue sky makes for an excellent image.

A really good night for us in contrast to the recent run of fairly cloudy and misty nights. Hope others are enjoying the view.

Well Shaun the research done by the missus has come up with this we think it was the Aristarchus Crater

looked it up on google and wikipedia come up with this.

http://www.universetoday.com/92188/lro-lets-you-stand-on-the-rim-of-aristarchus-crater/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristarchus_(crater)

Excellent, you can always count on the Mrs :laugh:  at least we know what it is now

Hi -- has anyone got a decent view of the moon tonight - it's sitting behind low cloud in North Tyneside but it's a distinctly reddish blur - or is it just my eyes?

Hoping you are having better luck

Archived