NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

astronomers equation

Jesterowl

That as all very true it seems!

The other relevant and useful one to know is:

Price disclosed = Actual price/2

Or 'about £50', whichever you think you can get away with ;-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My version of that Stu is Price disclosed = last eyepiece price disclosed * 1.1

This allows for inflation and a small increase as my eye becomes a little more discerning ;)

On this basis I got my Delos for £80 and my Nagler Zoom for £88, which were very good deals, I'm sure you'll all agree!

Kayaks never really floated my boat....... ;-)

Sorry, that's not true, used to enjoy white water canoeing but doubt there is one big enough for me now!!

Actually, thinking about it Stu, this means you should definitely sell me your 21mm Ethos for £100.

Look how generous I am, I've even given you an extra few quid when by rights it should be mine for £96.80! :evil:

A cunning approach indeed :-)

Unfortunately m.tweedy has made me see sense and keep hold of it! Sense for my observing, not my finances...

Stu

But why so many scopes needed?  I discovered tonight.  Took the 10" dob out for a look at the Moon, just got it cooled when #1 daughter appeared.  " Can I have a look?  Can I sketch it?" So that scope was out of bounds for a while.  Got the 6" dob out - quicker to cool - just about to go when #2 daughter appeared for a look too.  Quick look then back to bed?  No... OK, 3rd scope out, faffing with eq mount instead of quick setup with the dobs, but enough scopes to go round. :grin:   Moral of the story - have enough scopes for everyone! Got that sorted -  EPs however - we definitely need more if 3 of us are out in one go   :grin:

Archived