Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lodestar+cam lens = wideangle

nytecam

Pic below shows my Lodestar attached to a regular [Pentax screw] camera lens via an M42 screw - 'C' mount adapter + 5mm 'C' ring to get lens infinity onto the sensor. The f/2; 85mm Jupiter is my favorite - aperture counts for penetrating power - even the Whirlpool galaxy is resolved!

A 'C' mount lens, like my 8mm fl Computar, covers a huge chunk of sky. Both lenses make great electronic finders with a rapid 1-2s exp - replacing the optical one. I use a red filter to supress my sodium LP and boost H-a in the North America nebula in long exposures.

Of course it'll work with any CCD/video camera but the Lodestar is one of the smallest around especially when it replaces the optical finder. Hope it's of interest.

post-21003-0-52901200-1397210201_thumb.j

post-21003-0-52901200-1397210201_thumb.j

Looks good! Where did you get the accessories from? Thinking of getting the lodestar c soon

Hi Jamie - not much help with my accessories - the lens adapter and set of 'C' rings came from a photoshop junk box a decade ago but think Jessops [or Ebay] may have similar.  Good luck. 

ps: insist that the Lodestar-C you order has the latest fast Sony 800 series chip :laugh:

No worry thanks Maurice!

Only thing want to check is max length or standard length cable used, want to double up as all sky cam using 150deg lens and run cable into house via window

Seems like a great bit of kit

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my enlarged and annotated 60s e-finder shot centred on M87 that shows Markarian's Chain [top right] via 85mm fl f/2 lens [42mm aperture] + red filter and LodestarLive s/ware ;-) Includes 6 Messier and 11 NGC gxs

post-21003-0-06869200-1398115581_thumb.j

Archived