NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tal 1 available for free long term loan

A couple of years ago a one time member of this forum called Damien gave away a number of scopes, a very generous thing to do. I was starting out at the time and he gave me a Tal 1 110mm reflector. This scope is in immaculate condition and has outstanding optics. The mount is very sturdy. I loved using this scope and it still impresses me.

I would like to keep the scope within the forum and loan it out to people just starting out. So it is available to anyone who wants in, on loan for up to 12 months. After this time they can either return it to me or pass it onto another novice. The only condition is that you collect it from me in Chesterfield. I really don't want the hassle of posting it.

Although it isn't motorised, if you do a quick polar alignment it is possible to image quite happily with a toucam. Here's an image of Saturn from 2 years ago

3545_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived