Screwed up?

Put shortly, can I change the primary mirror adjustment screws on my Skyliner 150P?

I watched a help video today about a 'best of' collimating tool and the guy simply turned a knurled knob to move the mirror. On my scope I need to get down and dirty with a Phillips screwdriver.

Would it be possible to replace those Phillips screws with something easier to manipulate?

I'm rubbish at DIY and mechanical things so, please, engineers and clever people, try to be aware of the limitations and paucity of expertise that I possess.

Already I fear some suggestions - but will try my best to understand.

Hi gordon....as astronomymonkey says yes you can but dont no where from...some one will be along to direct you.as for the secondary mirror collimation screws they are called bobs knobs and some uk retailers stock them and will make collimation of the secondary mirror a doddle

i'm sure they will. This site is awesome. Slick, quick and on the button. It's a channel into wide, deep knowledge. But eyepieces? Wow, there's a minefield to negotiate there ...

But the fun is in the journey.

Thanks again, Karen.

Hi again, all.

Okay, I now have my replacement collimating screws but I'm terrified to 'get stuck in' having read that my scope 'may'(!) have springs with which I will have to contend.

Does anyone know if my 150P has such components? Is there a definitive 'how-to' thread or tutorial? Best of all might be a how-to video clip.

Hanging on before I jump ...

I'm sorted!

Had a bit of a panic when the little rubber ring fell out after removing the first screw ... but figured out what was going on and got the other two done OK. Locking screws no bother, of course.

Scope re-collimated in a couple of minutes.

Feeling rather happy with myself.

Now, where are those clear skies ...?

Archived