Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eqmod 1.24 upgrade to 1.27 now list 2 in all programs

red dwalf

just got round to upgrading the excellent eqmod program from 1.24 to 1.27 on my windows 7 netbook,

seems to have successfully installed but in the start / all programs / EQMOD / EQASCOM / scripts it shows two lots of the program, everything is double entered i.e. kill eqascom and kill eqascom2, setup eqascom and setup eqascom2, start eqascom and start eqascom2.

i`ve tried uninstalling eqmod and reinstalling the newer version on it`s own but the same thing happens, is this normal ?

Thanks for the reply but tried that, did a search for eqmod, then cleaned all the register with cccleaner and then reinstall version 1.27 and it still comes up with two of everything, I think there both version 1.27, strange !

Two versions of thr same program is exactly what you get. The only difference between the two is the ASCOM "id" so that both drivers will appear in the ASCOM chooser list.

Its alao worth mentioning that as part of the setup screen you can assign a "friendly name" which is displayed on the main screen so if you do have two mounts you can easilly keep track of which eqmod you are using.

The are many, many changes between V1.24 and V1.27 (more that the 3 the version number might imply!). There should be a link off the start menu to open up the change notes.

Chris

Archived