NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Murky sky Makarian mono mosaic

Mike Hawtin

Sorry about the whimsical title, I'm just in one of those moods today.  This is a two panel mosaic of 12 x 300 sec each panel taken with an Atik 428EX through a C6 HyperStar.  The framing leaves a bit to be desired, the three faint galaxies IC3475, IC3476 and NGC4506 down the left side of the frame looked quite prominent in CdC and I thought they would add to the composition but clearly not.  The murky sky is right though, this winter has been dreadful here, in the last four months I've had just twelve clear relatively moonless nights and all of them have been hazy to some extent.  I think I need to make an appointment though because I've just spent 2k I can't really afford on a new camera and filters!  

I hope you like it anyway, I'll stop rambling now but if you know any good trick cyclists please feel free to pm me.

Mike.

post-6382-0-96961200-1396000565_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Archived