SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

another fruitless late night!

Pete Presland

this has to be the worst run of seeing conditions i can remember for ages. a few weeks until Mars is at oppostion, but it hardly seems to be worth the wait! the C9.25 & asi120mm may as well be my old tasco & old modded webcam in these conditions. 

tired and depressed of Biggleswade!

this has to be the worst run of seeing conditions i can remember for ages. a few weeks until Mars is at oppostion, but it hardly seems to be worth the wait! the C9.25 & asi120mm may as well be my old tasco & old modded webcam in these conditions. 

tired and depressed of Biggleswade!

I share your pain, it is a  year since I bought my first scope and I remember that last year I enjoyed quite a few decent nights, so far this year has been a loss for imaging and the sky seems so noisy too. Last Feb I did a capture of the M101 using an Atik 428EX @ -20c and an F5 scope on a seemingly very clear night, the stack of 15X600s is so noisy that Im struggling to get anything worthwhile out of it, there is more noise there than when I was my Baader Modded Canon 1000d last year.

A.G

Archived