Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt 60PT B1200

Robny

Okay, so I have gone a ahead and dropped a deposit on the above scope, I'm super excited to got my sticky little mits on it.  However, it is on order and will have to wait until April, d'oh!

Anyway, my next choice is what mount to place it on, I want to remain relatively portable with the option to do webcams imaging.  I've been looking at the slt mounts and ioptron cube but open to other suggestions, keeping budget in mind after buying the OTA.

Many thanks

Rob

Great scope Rob, I have been so impressed with my new Lunt I'm sure you wont regret it!!

I got a vixen porta 2 mount for visual use with mine. It's very sturdy and the slow mo controls are great to let you scan the sun when at high power (and to follow it).

What is great about the vixen is I can set it up in seconds which means grabbing a quick solar fix during a coffee break is dead easy.

I then have an neq6 that I use for imaging with it when I have a bit more time.

I'm sure your heq5 would be ok for imaging with it if you wanted a quick set up visual mount?

Thanks Simon

I'm actually slimming down my kit, so the HEQ5 isno longer part of my kit, should update sig.

I was looking at the the vixen andlike the look of it. How important is it for the the mount to be a GEM for ONLY imaging the sun with QHY5l or wouls an alt az do the job?

My job is changing which is whythe alim down is taking place, so looking for something that is portable and has tracking ability which is not to expensive.

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I haven't used one before,  I remembered seeing it when I was looking for one.

The are also a couple of GoTo mounts for sale in the SGL classifieds that will do the trick :smiley:

Dream scope for, that is. I already picked up a B1200 filter cheaply (well, for rather less than new price ;)), which has greatly improved the sweet-spot size of my little LS35. I now "only" need to save up for the LS60PT itself (sans blocking filter).  I will use the scope on the same mounts as the LS35 (home-brew alt-az and Vixen GP), but I am thinking of getting a mini-giro for extreme portability. No tracking, but I do not really need that

Archived