NEW Celestron Nexstar Solar System Imager

paulastro

Has anyone used this  http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-skyris/celestron-neximage-solar-system-imager.html camera?  I'd like to know how it rates as a simple planetary imager good enough to produce an image to compare with my visual observations - I'm not expecting Hubble images!  It also needs to be simple and quick in use.  I'm primarily a visual observer and I am unwilling to spend much time on getting reference images for my visual observations.

I've put NEW in the title as there appear to be one or two older versions.  Also FLO don't appear to have them in stock, so if anyone knows where I can buy one also I'd appreciate it. 

Many thanks.

Not that it's a very small pixel color CMOS. It it's old it won't be that good as more modern cameras. And as it's Celestron branded it won't have a good price in EU (would be rather lower when TIS would release it on their own).

Bigger players get the new sensors first - like Point Grey or Basler. I wonder what Celestron bought. Designs, firmware and IP needed to make those cameras in some fabs (like in China)? Or maybe TIS makes them, and Celestron sells them and makes customer support?

Archived