NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RGB for Canon EOS 1100D

Cloengaa

Hey guys.

I am just wondering. I have an unmodded Canon EOS 1100D.

I have the option to put it in monochrome pictures (black/white) but is it true black and white ?? as I would then be able to put red, green and blue filter on it when imaging planets ?

I get the idea than rather than taking color pictures if I could take black/white with RGB filters I would get better end results.

Any info is welcomed.

Hey guys.

I am just wondering. I have an unmodded Canon EOS 1100D.

I have the option to put it in monochrome pictures (black/white) but is it true black and white ?? as I would then be able to put red, green and blue filter on it when imaging planets ?

I get the idea than rather than taking color pictures if I could take black/white with RGB filters I would get better end results.

Any info is welcomed.

The only way you are going to take true monochrome images with a DSLR is to get the Bayer Matrix that is glued to the sensor removed ( very difficult and can ruin the sensor ) either chemically or mechanically. Some folks use Ha filter on Modded cameras, but this is a very inefficient way of collecting Ha with a DSLR camera and as I said it only works for Ap Modded cameras.

Regards,

A.G

Archived