NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binoview with Lunt60?

SimonfromSussex

Has anyone tried a binoview with a Lunt60?

I have a birthday coming up and I was thinking about asking for a binoview for planarity viewing in my dob but then it struck me that this might work well with the solar scope too?

Has anyone tried it and if so was a barlow required for focusing?

My brother has a set and I have a Lunt 60, I will give them a try and let you know (prob be Saturday - weather permitting)

There may be a slight issue with eyepieces though as I believe the set he has are somewhere between 15-- 20mm

Being a refractor, I imagine a Barlow will be needed, so Shaun, your brothers EP's will most likely be used as somewhere between 7.5-10mm.

When did you bite the bullet and purchase your HA scope, btw? Last I saw, you had just purchased your solar wedge.

Being a refractor, I imagine a Barlow will be needed, so Shaun, your brothers EP's will most likely be used as somewhere between 7.5-10mm.

When did you bite the bullet and purchase your HA scope, btw? Last I saw, you had just purchased your solar wedge.

Joves, I sent my brother a text and he said  the Binoviewer came with a 1.7 x Barlow so that should bring the power down enough to have a fairly decent view :laugh:

I took delivery of the HA scope last Saturday :laugh: and fortunately I got the chance to se it on both Saturday and Sunday, very impressive indeed. :smiley:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/210337-first-light-with-the-lunt-60/

Lunt versus eyepieces.pdf

That would be really interesting to hear if they work (with or without a barlow) Shaun and your view on the view, thank you so much!

I've managed a couple of visual goes in mine now (just with the one eyepiece) and I have been blown away with the views.

Interestingly I found the 10mm Radian a little too much and my 12mm delos has shown the best views for me thus far but I reckon that could be down to the seeing (quite a bit of wispy cloud).

Simon,

There is bound to be a little variation between us all and I am sure the seeing at any given point in time is the biggest factor,

I was amazed at the detail I saw when I zoomed in all the way down to 3mm, bizarre I know, so bizarre in fact that I didn't even mention it in my report  :shocked:

My brother has a set and I have a Lunt 60, I will give them a try and let you know (prob be Saturday - weather permitting)

Please do, it should be most interesting............ :smiley:

Here's a link to a CN thread......there is a T2 thread on the Lunt diagonal, so a MkV/Maxbright or Televue Binovue or any T2 adapted bino will fit directly onto it.

Plus a mod to the focuser.

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/earthwin-binoviewer-adaptation-to-lunt-ls80tha

Hope you work something out.

PS Just noticed it's the 80 in the link but should be the same.

Wow 3mm  :shocked:​ !? Ok, I have to try that now if we get a steady sky!!

it also works on sunspots using the Herschel wedge in the Pronto(480mm focal length), great detail with white light - Tremendous eyepiece.

Its a bit cloudy here at the moment, I'm Just going to finish my bacon sandwich  :laugh:  and I will make my way to my brothers and get the binoviewer

Guys I have the binoviewer but unfortunately I cannot achieve focus through them :shocked: The Barlow that comes supplied with them (1.5x) almost lets me focus but it isn't quite there. I believe I will need a 2 x Barlow to continue, alas this something I do not have.

Sorry

Shaun

I use my MarkV binoviewers with my lunt60 successfully!

I have swapped out the standard lunt focuser for a baader steeltrack which is physically smaller than the standard by about 1.5cm but this should not be the reason why I can get focus and you cannot. ( I did not trust the cheap chinese focuser with my expensive MarkV and eyepieces!! )

To reach focus I use a baader 1.7 GPC (which also acts as a barlow and will mean you need longer focal length eyepieces)

I use pan24 and pan19 eyepieces which reach focus with plenty to spare. My delos 17.3 requires more (a lot more) in focus to reach focus

* also note the delos are not parfocal so you may fare better with some and not others - try them all

Alan

Alan,

I have only borrowed the binoviewer for a day or 2 to help answer a request.

I am more than happy with the single lens viewing :smiley:

I am using the 3-6 Nagler at this very moment and the detail is staggering. Anyhow I am off back out side while the sun is out. :smiley:

Simon I one more full turn of the focus and it would have worked !!!! For the record it was a William optics BV with the stock 20mm eyepieces as sold by FLO for £179  :smiley:

I am confident a 2 x Barlow will be fine.

Archived