NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

7/3/14 White light.

JB80

Another lovely still day today which helps a bit, I tried to refocus and see if it helps and maybe it did a bit. Still having trouble flattening out the hotspot which is really bugging me now but other than that all is good.

post-8383-0-83837200-1394189870_thumb.jp

post-8383-0-49414000-1394189874_thumb.jp

Great stuff, JB. Another fine day :grin: I've got a couple of hours off, so I'm figuring a little roof top sun session and start tanning my pale winter skin :p Weekend looks good and next week and the week after that and... :hello2: Spain today reminds me of this little

Nice one ...  :laugh:

Try dropping the exposure to start with to give a darker sub initially , this'll be easier when the OIII arrives to attenuate the light somewhat.

Until then I'd drop the Contrast in Registax Wavelets by about 10 points and in the Gamma panel I'd try moving the cursor up towards the top end and then drop the curve a touch

I've tried to replicate here by showing an overstretched R6 version of one of mine.

Before.

post-21219-0-21555000-1394192986_thumb.p

After.

post-21219-0-91907600-1394193007_thumb.p

Hope this helps ...  :smiley:

Great stuff, JB. Another fine day :grin: I've got a couple of hours off, so I'm figuring a little roof top sun session and start tanning my pale winter skin :p Weekend looks good and next week and the week after that and... :hello2: Spain today reminds me of this little

Enjoy the time off in the Sun, I should really top off my white arms too. Winter has killed off the good work of last summer.

It is very nice today, clear all round.

I never get tired of watching those. :D

Nice one ...  :laugh:

Try dropping the exposure to start with to give a darker sub initially , this'll be easier when the OIII arrives to attenuate the light somewhat.

Until then I'd drop the Contrast in Registax Wavelets by about 10 points and in the Gamma panel I'd try moving the cursor up towards the top end and then drop the curve a touch

I've tried to replicate here by showing an overstretched R6 version of one of mine.

Before.

attachicon.gifBefore.PNG

After.

attachicon.gifAfter.PNG

Hope this helps ...  :smiley:

I just tried that but  once I take it to PS the same thing happens which leads me to believe that using the "Autocolour" action is the culprit. When I don't use the action the image stays flat but it looks to me at least that everything stays a bit flat. I'll have to experiment a bit more then.

post-8383-0-73223500-1394196986_thumb.jp

That's not too bad really.

Looking good Jarrod.

I think stacking always over-exposes on the centre, try backing off the exposure (as Steve suggests), maybe to 75% on the histogram, you can always boost the contrast later.

Too much work and not enough sun this week for me, looking forward to my two weeks in Menorca, vamos!

Robin

Thanks all. :)

I definitely think it's the exposure but as it was I couldn't back it off any more and any reduction of the levels and gamma just highlighted the hotspot more. The OIII appears to have fixed that but I need to experiment more to get the exposure right because the first try this morning(also the best so far) was verging on too dark after pipp.

Hope you enjoy your break Robin, when are you off?

Archived