NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My son's first light with his Skywatcher Heritage 76 Mini Dob.

start them young
I started teaching my sons the constellations when we were away on fishing trips when they were kids

now they are just as interested in my telescope as I am, (though not at 3am and -3* :) )

These were taken last Easter and I seem to remember the objects viewed were the Moon, Jupiter, M42, M31 and the Pleiades. Not a bad first night's viewing for a 5 year old (he's just 6 now).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Oh yes he's still interested and has been nearly as frustrated with the last 5 months continuous cloud cover as I have. Jupiter is his favourite object, mind you he hasn't seen Saturn through his own 'scope yet.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Well Ripley can now ad Saturn and Mars to his list of Solar System objects viewed through the little Heritage. Very impressed with the views using a MaxVision 16mm 68 degree ep with a Skies the Limit 3x Ed Barlow giving 56x. Saturn was well defined and Mars was clearly a red disc. Even though he had seen Saturn through my 200p dob, I will never forget the excitement on his face when he saw it for the first time in his own little 'scope.

Archived