NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

broken binoculars

I'm a new stargazer and only had my Zenith 10x50s about a year. They bought second hand and had no case to protect them in, as a result while travel on a train they was through clear out of my bag by a massive jolt of the train and hit the floor very hard and completely snapped the arm that raises lenses to put them in focus. I really can't afford to replace these as I'm currently unemployed. Can I have them repaired. Please help .

I'm a new stargazer and only had my Zenith 10x50s about a year. They bought second hand and had no case to protect them in, as a result while travel on a train they was through clear out of my bag by a massive jolt of the train and hit the floor very hard and completely snapped the arm that raises lenses to put them in focus. I really can't afford to replace these as I'm currently unemployed. Can I have them repaired. Please help .

Hi and welcome to SGL.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.  Your least expensive option is a DIY repair. You may make them usable again.  A professional repair would cost way above the value of the bins, and also a replacement.

How about local charity shops ? You may find something workable for not much more money than the cost of top quality glue. Or maybe ebay etc.

Hope you find a solution, Ed.

Archived