Light shrouds ?

Just sat here and looking at pics of light shrouds so a wrapped a sheet around the poles and looking down the gap it looks like it cut s into the edges of the mirror does this cut the light out reaching the mirror ?

Pat

I have 2 meter of spandex and keep thinking about it but it looks like it's cutting in to the light path ,I have foam thin matts at the min does a great Job I flocked them as well but the a bit heavy

Pat

An unsupported truss shroud will definitely fall into the light path, which is frustrating (Don't ask me how I know this).

You should insert solid thin hoops of boning plastic, about 2.5 - 4cm wide and cut enough to overlap for the ends to attach, making it into a hoop. Your could make spring steel hoops, but watch for rust.

Plus an extra 2.5 - 3cm on the diameter to that the shroud can slip up and down the scope if you either have a retractable truss system or can slip over the OTA without a finder attached. These plastic hoops can be sewn into the fabric just like the Astrozap versions. 

I'd place the hoops every 30cm or so along the shroud's length.

An unsupported truss shroud will definitely fall into the light path, which is frustrating (Don't ask me how I know this).

You should insert solid thin rings of boning plastic, about 2.5 - 4cm wide and cut enough to overlap for the ends to attach, making it into a ring.

Plus an extra 2.5 - 3cm on the diameter to that the shroud can slip up and down the scope if you either have a retractable truss system or can slip over the OTA without a finder attached. These plastic boning rings can be sewn into the fabric just like the Astrozap versions. 

I'd place the boning every 30cm or so along the shroud's length.

Thanks,looking into,a,few things at the minute

Pat

Archived