Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need some Dust Bunny Hover

Ok, I know the Foto has a lot of dust Bunnies, but I thought it would be one or two, but so many...

Question to u experts, I have tryed with flats usw, but unfortunatly no way to get rid of these ugly spots.

Is there any way to get rid of them? I would like to keep the foto,s

Thanks Folks

Cu John

M42-New030314.tif

I have similar problems, my camera has an inbuilt sensor cleaner but all it does is move the dust around so flats are useless because the pattern changes everytime the camera is powered up.

I use PS to create an inverse gradient map but that is not allways successful so i am looking into making a dust remover powered by a PC fan.

Alan

Flats need be taken at the same time as the lights, or at least before anything else has moved - focuser/camera etc. If the dust bunnies in the flats don't match those in the lights the flats won't help. It is amazing how such tiny and barely visible (to the eye) motes can create such a huge dark blob.

ChrisH

Many thanks for your Information..

I have tryed once again to clean the sensor, being very carefull, then made some flats which showed up the dust, and gradually one by one removed them.

So I hope this might work out when the sky clears up again....

Btw... My m42  in the bin..

Clear skys folks..

John

should maybe get some of this (watch video)

http://www.sensor-film.com/cleaning.html

I have some of that - it a colloidon solution. Works pretty well provided it doesn't stick in the corners then you have a chore trying to get the remaining bits out. With mounted filters it's likely to do just that. The real problem seems to be static which attracts dust motes as fast as you can get them off.

ChrisH

Thanks again folks,

that looks very  interesting , I have not been able to try out after the cleaning I made, if that does not work, its worth a try..

Tonights weather over here looks promising....

I will keep in touch..

Thanks again.. Bogdog & Chrish

Cu John 

Archived