Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

314l+ problem

seanpius

Hi,can anyone help or give a bit of advice,i was out last night with the 314l+ and ed80tcf,everything was going well i was taking exposers of 240 secs of the soul nebula subs appeared ok then when i took 900 sec exposers nothing appeared just a black screen on artemis capture i was using narrowband filters.I am wondering if there is somthing wrong with the camera as this never happened before,i havent got the camera that long and it has hardly been used. 

seanpius.

Sean, it could be that you've saturated the chip - are you binning as well though, since this would still be unusual for 15 min subs in narrowband. I've seen this also with my Atik 460, if there is a very bright field and I do long exposures, instead of bleaching and getting a white screen I get a black screen. Shorter exposures work OK, so I suspect it's just overloading the chip.

Martin

This rings a bell.. I've got 3 of these cameras & I had something similar with one of them quite a while ago now. I don't think it was saturation as I was framing the target if I remember rightly. What I did was power cycle it & it sprang back into action, not had it since. I put it down to USB lockout. I've had guide camera's do this before but only the once with the Atik.

Something else worth checking is the firmware version, I've updated a couple of mine since. Although if it's fairly new you should be ok.

Has it come back to life or are all exposures now totally dark? Something else to consider.. are they stretched in Artemis capture? Have you checked (stretched)  the sub in another application?

Thanks guys for your input,i have it sorted out now,the problem was that the lead i was using for my laptop was'nt putting enough power through,my young lad had my charger away with him so when i got it back everything worked alright,once again many thanks.

seanpius

Archived