Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nixon D300s

Is there any free Camera control software for the Nixon D300s to control the camera from a PC, or Laptop running Windows XP,  ,

Or do I have to buy it from Nixon who don't seem to include it in the software for the camera!. (Unlike canon who include it for free).

Any advice and help much appreciated,  :smiley:.

Ian. 

My Nikon is an older model (a D80) and there isn't any available for that.  I believe the problem is that the firmware for individual Nikon cameras isn't very standardised, and the SDK is rather dense and difficult to use, so freeware hasn't really developed for Nikons

There is a wrapper for C# or VB.Net if you happen to be a programmer, here -  http://sourceforge.net/p/nikoncswrapper/discussion/general/thread/4d638ffd/ and I've developed my own program I'm quite happy with (it's not portable though, is model and platform specific but you're welcome to the code if you want to go that way)

Is there any free Camera control software for the Nixon D300s to control the camera from a PC, or Laptop running Windows XP,  ,

Or do I have to buy it from Nixon who don't seem to include it in the software for the camera!. (Unlike canon who include it for free).

Any advice and help much appreciated,  :smiley:.

Ian. 

Hi,

You can try this one but I do not use it and you do it at your own risk, it is a freeware.

http://digicamcontrol.com/news/release-candidate-2-version-110

Regards,

A.G

Archived