Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 127 TFOV

Hi enigma, not quite sure, but its around a degree or a little smaller I think, but the visual back opening is going to be the limiting factor - not sure if your trying to get "widefield" or not, but I think I remember reading somewhere on here about vignetting with the larger field ep's - not really tried with mine as I use for Luna/Planetary mostly, but was out the other night and managed M1 from my light polluted skies - which is really good I think, You'll probably do the most of the Messiers, just the open clusters would be a bit tight, I find the level of contrast very good.

Just wait for a few more replies, as I think there has been a similar thread, but I've just had a look but couldn't find it - Sorry mate - Clear skies to us all.    Paul.

EDIT - Just found this for you - http://www.12dstring.me.uk/astro.htm

It's not really worth using 2" eyepieces with the 127mm mak to be honest with you. The rear port of the scope is around 25mm in diameter if I recall and is smaller than the field stop size (the internal ring that defines the edge of the field of view) of most widefield 2" eyepieces. Also, by the time you have invested in a 2" diagonal and the 2" eyepieces, you will probably have spent as much as a fast newtonian or refractor would cost you which would show much wider field views than your mak can.

With a 32mm plossl eyepiece, the max true field of a mak 127 is 1.1 degrees which most deep sky objects will fit into anyway.

Archived