NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Argh I'm going crazy trying to get this NEQ6 to work!

Hi James,

I have sent you a PM.

Have you definitely got your mount's start point correct? This is with the telescope/camera lens pointing up and the counterweight bar pointing down. This start point is critical to the whole start of the process to have any hope of the first alignment star being in the field of view of the eyepiece/camera lens.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ok sorry I hand't seen your PM when I wrote that either...so the coords seem to be right, I am just doing a test now indoors, its definitely pointing north weighst pointing down towards north, 52deg altitude and the handset details are all correct, i'll try the test someone suggested or aligning to a star , see where the star SHOULD be using google sky map and see where the scope goes, im pretty sure I set it up properly to its "home"/start  position following a youtube video, but testing it all out again now. Thanks for the help

Hi guys BIG progress, I have as you suggested done it indoors, made sure it pointed north, weights down scope up, 52deg re-did the home setup which seemed ok anyway and just tried to find capella with the 1 star align and sure enough it turned right and according to my phone with google sky map capella was there, only problem is it was quite far to the right of the screen, it says use the directional arrows to centre the object, so I tried holding down the right arrow on handset assuming it would skew right a bit but it doesn't seem to move at all...unless its just incredibly slow, it does sound like the noise the mount is making chnages when i press the arrows but nothing actually seems to move, I held right for a good minute or so but capella didn't move any further left towards the middle of phone screen?

I gave up and accepted it and then put in m42 and again it pointed to roughly the right place a bit further right, though obviously it was off to the right again on my phone screen which i put in the dovetail bit... are those arrows supposed to be able to change the position quite easily, am I doing something else stupid? seems I am closer, much closer anyway, so thanks so far!!

Archived