Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Webcam sensor cleaning?

Used one of those sensor pens on my Neximage 5,  it removed all the dust apart from a very stubborn bit right in the middle of the sensor - the one I REA

LLY wanted to remove!

Any ideas how to get rid of stubborn dust on a sensor? Should I use some sort of fluid?

Dan 

I found this below on another forum when I searched for it.

Don't take the answer from me though as I'm no expert, but cleaning anything like that will need a lot of care and attention to not cause any permanent damage.

I use leather 'q-tips' dipped in 100% isopropyl alcohol, and then lightly hit it with compressed air.
Other people use those CCD 'pens' that you can get for cleaning DSLR sensors.

Hi Dan

I've just removed a similar blob from my sensor with Baader Optical Wonder Fluid and a cotton wool bud. 

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/baader-optical-wonder-fluid.html

I sprayed the fluid on the bud, let it dry a little and then gently ran the bud over the sensor. After using the dry end of the bud to mop the sensor clean, I had to use a sensor pen and a blower to remove a few smears and bits of lint which was a bit of a faff, but I got there in the end.

Hope this helps

Steve

Archived