Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear Skies - Experimenting

Langy

Well got some clear skies tonight so out and have a play.

Piggy backed the camera on my scope and got a reasonable track with my cheap MD.

So to push things with the camera set at around 135mm (had to do this as the camera was almost on it's side had to wedge it against my Rigel finder scope to help keep down vibration from the mirror.

Took around 60 images at 15 seconds each. Stacked in DSS.

Quite amazed not to see any trailing stars at that length.

The quality of the image below is no where near that of what I have on the PC.

post-34707-0-59378900-1393369555_thumb.j

On closer inspection the top half looks like its trailing a bit, surprisingly the quality isn't that far out.

Strange you upload to a post and the whole file size is there abouts, add it to your gallery and you end up with some seriously small image.

I had thought of that, but with the higher magnification of the scope i can check the tracking.

I think i need to make some from of a locking strap to steady the camera, especially with an EQ mount where the camera ends up on it's side at a lot of viewing positions making the fixing less stable.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

On closer inspection the top half looks like its trailing a bit, surprisingly the quality isn't that far out.

Strange you upload to a post and the whole file size is there abouts, add it to your gallery and you end up with some seriously small image.

You could upload your pics on AstroBin and link them into your posts. That gives you a better result!

Archived