Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 from last years data, the begininng.

lensman57

Hi,

It is now nearly eleven months since the bug of AP bit me ( Planetary first ). This afternoon I was rummaging through the early data and I  came across two sets of data of M51 that were taken on the 22nd and 26th of May last year using an ED 80 ( Blue version) @f7.5 as I did not have a reducer for it then , a modded Canon 1000d with a either a CLS Clip or SW LP filter on the now sold  EQ5 Pro. So I decided to throw the whole lot in the Batch Processing Script of the Pixinsight along with the associated calibration frames and see what was thrown out. I am sure that my darks and flats were quite useless judging by the amount of noise and dust bunnies present in the stack, anyway this is a stack of 25subs of 300s each and the processing was in Pixinsight and tweaks in PS. I am quite surprised at the amount of Ha shown in the dust regions of the M51. Perhaps my processing has improved a little if nothing else has.

Regards and clear skies to all,

A.G

post-28808-0-88077000-1393266325_thumb.p

Nice capture AG, are you planning on revisiting it this season for comparisons in how far you've come in the last year ?
I'm planning a stab at this as soon as it appears from behind next doors damned trees ! Also planning on using an ED80 on it so 25 @300 secs it'll be, following your example !

Nice capture AG, are you planning on revisiting it this season for comparisons in how far you've come in the last year ?

I'm planning a stab at this as soon as it appears from behind next doors damned trees ! Also planning on using an ED80 on it so 25 @300 secs it'll be, following your example !

Hi Lee,

The first target is M63, then M51 and then before i go for the Leo Triplet, well that is the theory. I want to redo M106 and M82 in Ha RGB, that is if these clouds and rain let me do anything. I did a quick Ha RGB of the M106 ( my first)  the other night and posted it in the DeepSky Imaging section.

Many thanks and regards,

A.G

Archived