hello from south western pennsylvania

Perseus_m45

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL, Mike!

Pirates fan?

Dana

Oh yes I am a big Pirates fan. Although they have lost a few players from last year and are now making me nervous. I'm a rust belt kinda guy .Pirates-Steelers-Penquins-UV of Pittsburgh Panthers-but in a pinch I will follow the Indians and Browns and sometimes the Bills.

very nice to meet yinz.

mike h

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire :smiley: nice refractor set up!

Hello Pete nice to meet you..Nice to meet you all!! I have a very "big" interest in history and a big interest in the UK as I live in a an area heavy with Seven years war history.I can walk to General Braddock's  trail from my house. And many of your fellow countrymen are asleep in this soil here. Also I'm a 20 minute drive from   http://fortligonier.org/ .I have also read a good bit of the history of the UK as we are forever entwined as nations and peoples .

Now what I have been doing is ,,as you folks welcome me in here, I will look up your areas on google and try to learn abit about them.

mike h

• 3 months later...

Nice to meet you all my name is mike and I'm about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh Pa. Have been doing astronomy for longer then I care to remember and I'm mostly a double star observer. I have a small observatory in my yard in which I have and use a few different scopes but mostly a 6 inch refractor that I do my double star work on. Right now i'm doing the sissy haas project but this winter in Pennsylvania has been ruthless and not much has happened here astronomically for me. Hope to get to know yinz better and make some new friends. 

mike hyrczyk

attachicon.gifmeade.jpg

Here you go fellows, A new old guide scope on my set up. an 80mm f/15 towa from back in the day. it puts up a perfect star image..And of course my helper.

mike hyrczyk

post-35640-0-51853500-1401822073_thumb.j

post-35640-0-21876100-1401822208_thumb.j

Archived